Closing date Friday August 19, 2016
Reports to: Senior Event Coordinator
Hours of the position are flexible between 8am – 5pm Monday - Friday.
A part-time position – up to 20 hours per week.
Essential Job Functions:
- Represent the Von Braun Center in a positive and professional manner as the initial contact for prospective clients and the general public.
- Answer and appropriately route all incoming telephone calls & emails in an efficient and friendly manner.
- Answer ticket questions, handle complaints and pass on information to management as needed.
- Answer other question that people have about our facility, events and the downtown area. Refer to the Huntsville/Madison County Convention & Visitors Bureau as needed.
- Receive visitors, provide information, and answer all questions and/or refer to other staff members as needed.
- Maintain the front desk “information book” in order to stay up-to-date with current events, staff, and other VBC pertinent news.
- Review information on the bi-weekly and in Booking Software to assist callers and visitors.
- Sort and distribute all incoming mail, faxes, and packages to the appropriate person and/or department.
- Maintain MOD event doc notebook at switchboard.
- Make Event Planner guides for guests.
- Complete various projects as assigned.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred.
2. Proficient in basic computer skills, Excel and Word
3. A friendly, neat, and professional disposition
Randstad can get your career in gear!!!
Von Braun Center is constantly looking for strong talent and has joined forces with Randstad Inhouse Services to handle all recruiting, selection, scheduling and onsite administration of new employees. We have great career opportunities, especially for those candidates who are looking for flexible schedules, part-time work or those who want to fill some extra available time to assist us during special events.
Please contact the Randstad office, onsite at the VBC, at 256.518.6166 or visit their website at www.randstadstaffing.com.