Submit all resumes and applications to:
Arena Operations Supervisor
Nature of Work
The Propst Arena is located within the Von Braun Center complex; hosting a variety of events to include music concerts, college/high school basketball, monster truck, rodeo, Disney shows and is home to the Huntsville Havoc SPHL and the UA Huntsville Chargers NCAA Division I ice hockey teams.
Performs supervisory work over a group of employees engaged in unskilled to semi-skilled manual work on a varied schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays. Supervisor performs manual labor tasks in conjunction with delegating crew members.
Examples of Work
Supervises a crew of manual workers performing unskilled to semi-skilled tasks. Plans and lays-out work assignments for the event and may train subordinates in use and operation of equipment incidental to the job. Inspects work performed to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Overall good health to include sight, hearing, walking and stooping.
- Able to climb ladders, stairs, use general hand tools, and operate small machinery.
- Physically able to work a varied schedule.
- Ability to safely lift 35 lbs. unassisted.
- Minimum of a high school diploma, GED or is a graduate from a vocational or technical school; 2-year college degree is preferred.
- Experience in event conversions and custodial duties are a plus.
- Proven track record in leadership and organizational skills.
- Possess and demonstrate organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic computer knowledge required; i.e. Word, Excel, Internet/email.
- Past experience in supervising full-time, temporary or on-call labor personnel.
- Demonstrated history of good customer relation skills.
- Detailed oriented – able to read and interpret an event document.
- Able to work a varied schedule under various conditions with regard to the amount of time available to perform work and labor availability.
- Knowledge of general OSHA safety programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans and carries out maintenance related and general clean-up duties as required for lessee move-in, decoration, rehearsal, event, or move-out activity.
- Supervises and trains semi-skilled and unskilled workers engaged in set-up and disassembly of event related equipment such as chairs, tables, risers, staging, etc.
- Control labor costs.
- Ensures direct reports perform all duties safely.
- Responsible for training of arena full-time and part-time employees.
- Assists Arena Operations Manager in establishing work schedules, inventorying supplies and equipment.
- Operate light machinery such as forklifts, front-end loader, Zamboni machine, and carpet shampooing and scrubber machines.
- Direct interaction with customers.
Part-Time Box Office Supervisor*
Part-Time Box Office Ticket Seller*
*Requires a flexible schedule and may include days, nights, weekends & holidays. Applications should be submitted to the Von Braun Center Administration Office.
Randstad can get your career in gear!!!
Von Braun Center is constantly looking for strong talent and has joined forces with Randstad Inhouse Services to handle all recruiting, selection, scheduling and onsite administration of new employees. We have great career opportunities, especially for those candidates who are looking for flexible schedules, part-time work or those who want to fill some extra available time to assist us during special events.
Please contact the Randstad office, onsite at the VBC, at 256.518.6166 or visit their website at www.randstadstaffing.com.